Acceleration Through Innovation (ATI2) is a 3 year ERDF project which is designed to support business Innovation across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. Led by the University of Plymouth with support from Cornwall Council, ATI² supports SME’s who are seeking to commercialise new opportunities which can lead to increased growth, productivity and sustainable change.
ATI2 differentiates itself from the market by offering innovation expertise led by recognised specialists and certified IKE innovation professionals. The project builds on the success of the previous programme which launched in 2017 and engaged over 600 businesses, supported 48 businesses with innovation grants and enabled 61 businesses to bring forth new products, services and processes.
Through ATI2, a further £500,000 of grant funding is available to businesses in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. New to this programme, we are now also able to offer fully funded academic expertise, Innovation Surgeries and Student Internships.
Businesses registered with ATI2 are offered a bespoke package of support which may include:
- World renowned innovation expertise accredited by the Institute of Innovation and Knowledge Exchange (IKE) through certified Business Innovation Advisors
- A bespoke innovation audit
- A minimum of 12 hours consultancy and support with our Business Innovation Advisors who will offer clarity on the innovation process and provide coaching and guidance throughout your innovation journey.
- Access to world class research and facilities from the University of Plymouth, via ATI2’s Innovation Champion.
- Innovation Masterclasses delivered by IKE experts for those wishing to embed Research Development & Innovation (RD&I) capacity within their business, or encourage a culture of innovation and creativity
- Small grants of up to £1500 for eligible businesses (with no contribution required from the business) that have undergone the 12 hour business innovation journey with us
- Standard grants £2,500 to £25,000 at 50% intervention – meaning the business has to match £ for £ agreed eligible costs* (typical grant size expected to be c.£12,000)
- The opportunity for a student internship to work on a project relevant to the innovation journey or fill a skills gap
- Access to our online digital tools platform: The Innovation Studio
- Innovation Surgeries: 2-3 hour high-value sessions designed around the latest thinking and specific innovation challenges e.g. Process innovation, intellectual property, prototyping and visual digitisation
The programme also offers a range of engagement activities which are delivered at ATI2’s existing locations, within a business premises or from one of our strategically placed Pop-Up Centres across Cornwall.
For those with an interest in Innovation, our bi-monthly Cornwall Innovation Club provides insight into emerging innovation topics, offers a chance to hear the innovation journey of other businesses and provides an opportunity to share knowledge and expand local networks.