Dispelling the myths of Intellectual property, information technology and data protection.
This workshop is useful for individuals, start-ups, and established businesses. It will give you the chance to find out about what intellectual property is, how it exists in your business, how you can protect it and use it to your advantage.
This workshop will cover brand protection, e.g. designs, trade marks, patents, copyright; website compliance, and the changes to data protection law (taking force in 2018) and what you need to do in order to be compliant with it and avoid significant fines.
Tom is an IP and IT solicitor. He is also on the board of directors of Food and Drink Devon, a not-for-profit organisation set up to help quality food and drink producers based in Devon. He has over five years experience advising clients on IP, IT and Data Protection issues, and works with start-ups to multi-national businesses.
As an IP specialist, Tom’s work includes:
· advice on the creation and expansion of international trade mark portfolios;
· advising clients on legal frameworks for intellectual property exploitation such as licencing and franchising;
· conduct and management of data verification exercises and covert test purchases;
· planning and execution of intra-group IP restructures; and
· advising clients on the General Data Protection Regulation and how they can become compliant.